HEC is a secure, HIPAA compliant, cloud-based, private social networking platform that facilitates communication and care coordination in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery for all concerned. The platform allows easy and effective asynchronous interactions between healthcare providers (of all types) and patients, and also includes caregivers and others who are important to the patient.
We help healthcare providers better manage their patients by providing a forum where members of the healthcare team can engage with patients, their caregivers and their circle of loved ones in a constructive, secure and effective manner. The HEC platform helps eliminate the need for redundant conversations with the various stakeholders that are involved our patients.
The internet age has demonstrated that sharing information – quickly and clearly – is powerful. While others have attempted to do pieces of what we have built, there are none who have done it as comprehensively as we have. It is our goal to disrupt age-old, inefficient, and disjointed healthcare communication systems; facilitate care delivery by eliminating wasted time; improve the coordination of care; and reward all those receiving and delivering care with greater value, quality and service.
- The HEC platform allows providers and patients to create issue-specific forums into which they can invite caregivers, consultants (other healthcare providers of all types) plus appropriate family and friends into clinical discussions
- Providers will have the ability to communicate simultaneously with the patient, other involved providers and anyone else whom the patient deems necessary to be involved with a specific health issue. This allows physicians and other providers to manage multiple patients, and their issues, efficiently.
- The system is cloud-based, so communication barriers between providers in different organizations are eliminated.
- Participants in these forums can post text messages, images, video or audio files related to the issue at hand.
- The platform will facilitate proper billing and fee collections for providers, as they choose.
- The system adapts its displays to whatever technology the users choose: computer, smartphone or tablet.
- There is a customizable message alert system that provides HIPAA compliant notifications in ways that providers find most conducive to their work patterns. Users can choose to received notifications via text, email, both or neither, and simply check the system inbox periodically.
- Caregivers, both companion (unpaid) and professional, will have the ability to participate in the patient’s care, which will improve efficiency and compliance because information is effectively transferred.
- Patients will have access to a focused personal health record that they control. This can eliminate the information gaps that occur when care is received from multiple healthcare systems.
- HEC provides a medical documents vault where patients can store critical information such as advance directives, living wills and other legal/medical documents.
- Providers will have access to the information that patients place in their health record and document vault to facilitate care. Patients can grant caregivers and family & friends, access as well, if needed.
- Providers have the ability to forward messages to other providers to cover for them when on vacation or to assist them with patient load.
- e-Visits facilitated via the HEC platform will help eliminate unnecessary office visits that clog appointment schedules.
- Fewer unneeded visits will allow more time for important face-to-face interactions that generate better revenue.
- The use of e-visits can reduce or eliminate the current unsecured and unreimbursed email & text communications that often occur and create secure, revenue generating, asynchronous virtual interactions.
- Consultants and other providers can be invited to participate when needed.
- Caregivers, family & friends can also be involved to help facilitate important care functions.